You can make a difference in the life of a child who struggles with Sensory Processing Disorder by making even a small donation of $5.00.
Your donations help children with SPD and their families get the services and support they need. The money funds our Product Lending Library, it keeps our free parent support groups FREE, and it will fund out newest initiative – OT For ALL. OT for ALL will help children get a professional Occupational Therapy (OT) evaluation by an expert therapist. OT for Sensory Processing is rarely covered by health insurance companies, so families have to pay out-of-pocket. Your donations help ease the burden of that cost. And because we partner with expert Occupational Therapists in the Austin area who have earned a special certification to evaluate and treat SPD, the children you are helping can get the best care possible.
Who Has SPD?
Did you know it is estimated that 1 out of 20 children have SPD? It often goes undiagnosed and is misunderstood, because sometimes it SPD can seem like a behavioral problem. It’s not! Kids with SPD don’t need more discipline, they need treatment.
Because SPD goes hand-in-hand with more commonly understood disorders, your donation also helps children who may also struggle with:
- Asperger syndrome
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Fragile X syndrome
- Language disorders
- Various learning disabilities such as dyslexia
Other ways to Help
- Shop at Amazon.com: The easiest way to give back! Use our unique link when shopping and Amazon kicks back up to 5% of your purchase to Austin SPD Alliance. Tell your friends!
- Match your gift: Ask your employer whether they offer a matching gift program to their employees. A matching gift program can double your donation to Austin SPD Alliance.
- Host an Austin SPD Alliance Gift Card Drive: You can host your own Gift Card Drive on behalf of Austin SPD Alliance and directly impact our monthly activities. A $25 denomination is suggested. Email us for more information.
Your donation makes a direct impact. You join us in improving the lives of Austin area families living with Sensory Processing Disorder. You are helping us help children with Sensory Processing Disorder have better outcomes. And together we are helping their families live happier, healthier lives.
Any amount you give makes a huge difference, because you also provide our organization with fundraising supplies, groceries and refreshments for Family Play Days, parent support groups, and the ability to recognize our occupational therapists for their amazing services. Thank you so much.