Austin SPD Alliance, a parent led 501(c)3 nonprofit, is the only Texas organization meeting the needs of local families living with SPD and sensory issues by providing free services, programs and resources.
Our mission is to:
- CONNECT local families living with SPD.
- IMPROVE the quality of everyday life for families and individuals living with SPD.
- PROVIDE comprehensive information about local SPD resources, support, and opportunities for learning.
- PROMOTE collaboration between local therapy providers, doctors, researchers, and educators.
- ENCOURAGE understanding, compassion, and the use of effective strategies for caring for individuals and families significantly affected by sensory processing difficulties.
We envision a community where families living with SPD and sensory issues can gather for greater learning, support and playtime.
As we move forward in accomplishing our vision and staying true to our mission, we focus our movement on these core values:
- Respect for differences
- Financial accountability of our resources
- Educated recommendations on sensory friendly products and tools.
On behalf of our family and especially Curren, I wanted to thank you for organizing the play groups the past 7 weeks. Curren had a blast and really looked forward to going. He’s also managed to learn the names of the kids in the group quicker than those he goes to school with.
- Scott, Parent